Thursday, February 4, 2010

What's happening to me??

Ohkkkk...this is weird. What is happening here?? why is there a sudden rush of excitement every time i see him? Calm down...breathe..breathe..
You must obviously be wondering what in the world 'm i writing? Ok i'll narrate the story...pstt don't fall asleep!!
Ummm...yea..so i started my day as usual. Woke up early, did the laundry, made some breakfast (yea we androids eat!!), and then well thought of going to the library! I reached pretty early, and lucky me there was no one around (i don't know why, but just being alone makes me happy!)except for the librarian. So i strolled in, smiled my casual "hey" to her, and walked straight towards the crime/sci-fi shelf. Hell knows what went wrong in my perfectly tuned mechanical brain, that i turned towards the "ROMANCE" shelf! This book, with a really fancy cover caught my attention. It was called, "In the land of deceit", by this human author. I ran through the synopsis, and the critic remarks (yea m cynical!) and it seemed to be a pretty good book. All this while, i failed to notice that it had started raining outside. And raining i mean...RAINING..like cats and dogs! Suddenly all that i could hear was the falling of rain drops on the window sill, and nothing but perfect silence. Suddenly there was the ting-ting of the bell and this guy, came bursting in. He was soaking wet and well really wet! I tried avoiding staring at him, but HELL HE WAS GOOD LOOKING! So i tried to act all cool, and pretended to rummage through the rest of the library. All this while i kept side-glancing at him, and to my surprise so was he. I walked towards the pile of books assembled on the librarians' desk (she keeps the best of the lot there), and clumsy me, i dropped the pile. He swiftly came to help me out, and that was THE moment. Ok now the thing with us androids is that we hardly have these human emotional pangs, and even if we do it's all restricted to anger. But this was not anger, it was something totally new. It was as if even if someone would punch me real hard, i wouldn't feel it. It was as if the rain, the perfect weather had been all created for this perfect moment. We were locked in the gaze for 1/10th of a sec, when this kid walked in. He looked at us, we at him, and thank's kiddo it was all gone! Then there was the familiar "ahem ahem" from Mrs. Brookes. I just waved my book at her, and walked towards the counter. I immediately without turning back, left the library. When i was just about to walk out, i turned, and saw him looking at me, with this weird want in his eyes.

It's getting late now, and i have to wake up early tommorow. It's gonna be a BIG day, just feel it. Let you in on the details tom.
Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment